Thursday, August 4, 2016

Organizing: Rulers

A few weeks ago, I shared with you my thread storage project (that I am loving) and I mentioned that I would tackle my rulers next.  Well, I meant it!  With a little research and not much expense, here is what I came up with.

Ruler Storage
Ruler Storage

This is made up of a 21 3/4 inch picture ledge and a 15 3/4 inch rail with 2 3/4 inch hooks, all from IKEA and totaling roughly $20.  We (I mean my husband!) mounted the rail to the underside of the picture ledge, so there are fewer holes in the wall.

Now I can hang my smaller rulers from the s-hooks and my longer rulers can stack on the picture ledge, horizontally.  You'll see a little 4-inch square ruler up there.  The hole on that one is too small for the s-hooks, so I'll use a small binder clip (you know the black ones with the silver wire clips?) for that one.  The binder clip will clip to the ruler, then the silver wire will hang on the s-hook.

I feel like I have SO much more space on my work table now that all of these things are up off the table, and they are still easy to get to because I mounted this unit right above the table top.