Thursday, August 25, 2016

Farmer's Wife - Week 36 - Our Blocks

Our blocks for week 36 of the Farmer's Wife Quilt-along came out nicely.  In addition to good progress on the project, we've also been organizing!  If you haven't seen my recent posts on a few projects I finished in my sewing room, check out my new thread shelf and my ruler organizer.

Beth organized the remaining fabric for this project, quilting tools, sewing table, ironing board, and loose-leaf binder; cleaned her sewing machine, basket of mending (and mended several things), other quilting fabrics, and cut up two old blouses to make into book covers.  Whew!





Block 52 - Hovering Hawks

Beth pointed an error I made in the instructions (which I have now fixed), so my apologies for that.  I mis-quoted the measurement for the corner triangles.

Farmer's Wife - Block 52 - Hovering Hawks
MJ's Farmer's Wife - Block 52 - Hovering Hawks
Farmer's Wife - Block 52 - Hovering Hawks
Beth's Farmer's Wife - Block 52 - Hovering Hawks

Block 71 - Puss in the Corner

This block came together nicely for both of us.  Beth particularly likes the fabric selection and color values for hers (me, too).

Farmer's Wife - Block 71 - Puss in the Corner
MJ's Farmer's Wife - Block 71 - Puss in the Corner
Farmer's Wife - Block 71 - Puss in the Corner
Beth's Farmer's Wife - Block 71 - Puss in the Corner

Block 72 - Railroad

Railroad is my favorite this week, which follows my pattern of loving blocks with lots of small pieces in them.

Farmer's Wife - Block 72 - Railroad
MJ's Farmer's Wife - Block 72 - Railroad
Farmer's Wife - Block 72 - Railroad
Beth's Farmer's Wife - Block 72 - Railroad

See instructions for Week 36 Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along.
See our blocks from Week 35.