Saturday, December 3, 2016

La Pasacaglia Quilt: Three More Rounds

I took stock today of my progress on the La Pasacaglia quilt rounds and realized that I'm quite behind on sharing my latest completed items.  Since my last post, I have three more rounds complete and have officially reached an edge!

La Pasacaglia Quilt
La Pasacaglia Quilt

The round above is the most recently completed.  It's funny to me how once I finish one, I immediately think it's my favorite.  But, I do really like this one.  I like how it starts dark in the middle, then fades up to the white pentagon circle and finishes off rich with the black and blue stars.


La Pasacaglia Quilt
La Pasacaglia Quilt

The round above is all neutrals, but works well in the larger collection between other more colorful rounds.

Below, is the last of the larger rounds required (there are four) and you can see how the top edge is flat, this is the edge of the quilt center.  The diagram in the Millefiori Quilts book shows completed rounds at the edges, but I chose not to continue these rounds beyond where they would show.

La Pasacaglia Quilt
La Pasacaglia Quilt

I'm finishing up another round and will post it soon along with all of my progress. Until then, you can see my previous posts for the La Pasacaglia Quilt.