Friday, October 7, 2016

La Passacaglia Quilt: Ten Rounds Complete

I have now complete 10 rounds or rosettes for my La Passacaglia quilt.  I'm so enjoying this project, making no particular decisions from one round to the next except to try not to duplicate one I've already made.  Sometimes I'm surprised at how a choice turns out differently than I expected!

La Pasacaglia quilt - Ten Rosettes
La Passacaglia quilt - Ten Rosettes



Here is each new round displayed in detail.

This is another large round; I've completed 3 and have one more to make.  I like how the center star fabric is re-used in the outer row of pentagons; also, how the rows go from dark to light to dark again.

La Pasacaglia quilt - Large Round
La Passacaglia quilt - Large Round

The center of this round was started by my sister when I introduced her to English Paper Piecing! Again, the repeat of the light blue paisley fabric is a nice plan.

La Pasacaglia quilt - Small Round
La Passacaglia quilt - Small Round

I love the color saturation on this one and the contrast of the black and white around the edge.

La Pasacaglia quilt - Small Round
La Pasacaglia quilt - Small Round
I think I'm officially an English Paper Piecing fan and will likely always have an EPP project in progress.  I enjoy having this activity available when I can't be at the sewing machine, to do on trips or whenever there is time when my hands are yearning to be active!

See all of my La Passacaglia quilt rounds on this blog.