Saturday, November 2, 2019

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Finished

I finally finished the Farmer’s Wife quilt and it is on the guest room bed!  I looked back and it took over 4 years from start to finish, but as is often said, “It’s the journey, not the destination.”  It has been a journey, and yet, I'm enjoying the destination. 

Farmer's Wife Quilt
Farmer's Wife Quilt - Finished!


It started with a quilt-along I started with my sister, where we tackled 2-3 blocks per week (well not every week, but close).  Then, I assembled the blocks in the “on point” layout of the original Farmer’s Wife quilt.  The quilting decision was the hardest because I just couldn’t see myself tackling this on the machine and I haven’t kept up my traditional hand-quilting skills.  I think this was the longest gap in progress, but I finally decided to do big-stitch quilting using #5 pearl cotton thread.  I had just finished using this technique on a modern quilt for my son and had good success on a quilt for my sister.  I’m very pleased with the finished product, and may decide to add more quilting down the road.

It’s nice to have it completed and being used in the guest room!

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Border
Farmer's Wife Quilt - Border
Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

Farmer's Wife Quilt - Detail

2 comments:

  1. what a fabulous job you have done. I am planning one in red and white and you are really an inspiration/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow hats off to you!! Unbelievable, such talent you have. A true artists!

    ReplyDelete