Saturday, March 9, 2019

Blue and White Sampler Quilt Top Complete

Another milestone in the Blue & White Sampler quilt project!  I completed the majority of the quilt top a while back, but just couldn't be sure how to finish it off.  Take a look and read on for more on my indecision.

Blue and Whilte Sample Quilt
Blue and White Sampler quilt top finished



If you've been following along with my progress on the Blue and White Sampler quilt, you know that the layout of the various sized blocks would change from time to time.  No matter how much I work it out on paper,  how it will look doesn't really materialize (no pun intended) until the actual blocks are arranged on the design wall.  And even then, the sashing can change things, too!

Once I had the blocks arranged and assembled, I ended up with a LOT of leftover 2x2 inch flying geese, square-in-a-square, checkboard, and hourglass strips that I had intended to use differently.  So I decide to run those down the two sides with a bit of "connection" into those that I had worked into the main part of the quilt.  I still have a lot more left-over, but I'm thinking maybe I'll make a pillow or a small wall quilt with those.

So now, on to the quilting!  More indecision to come, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment