Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Blue & White Sampler - More Four Inch Blocks Complete

I have completed more of the four inch blocks for my Blue & White Sampler quilt, so I'm sharing a whopping 11 blocks with you here.  A while back I shared with you another 5 four inch blocks, so these will make for a total of sixteen!  But, I'm not done, yet; I still have 6 more four inch blocks to make.

Four Inch Blocks - Blue & White Sampler Quilt
Four Inch Blocks - Blue & White Sampler Quilt


All of these blocks come from a great book I've had for years, 501 Quilt Blocks: A Treasury of Patterns for Patchwork & Applique.  I highly recommend having a copy of this book for anyone wanting a reference of quilt blocks.  The book has four inch patterns for each block, but they can easily for enlarged with a copy for larger blocks.

I first used this book to make a collection of blocks that I bound into a book, so you can check it out here.

Grandmother's Favorite Quilt Block

Grandmother's Favorite Quilt Block
Grandmother's Favorite Quilt Block


Next Door Neighbor Quilt Block

Next Door Neighbor Quilt Block
Next Door Neighbor Quilt Block


North Star Quilt Block

North Star Quilt Block
North Star Quilt Block


Untitled III Quilt Block

Untitled III Quilt Block
Untitled III Quilt Block


Amish Diamond Quilt Block

Amish Diamond Quilt Block
Amish Diamond Quilt Block


Cat's Cradle Quilt Block

Cat's Cradle Quilt Block
Cat's Cradle Quilt Block


Hovering Hawks Quilt Block

Hovering Hawks Quilt Block
Hovering Hawks Quilt Block


Basket Weave Quilt Block

Basket Weave Quilt Block
Basket Weave Quilt Block


Ohio Star Quilt Block

Ohio Star Quilt Block
Ohio Star Quilt Block


Road to California Quilt Block

Road to California Quilt Block
Road to California Quilt Block


Louisiana Quilt Block

Louisiana Quilt Block
Louisiana Quilt Block


2 comments:

  1. I've just found your work and I'm addicted to your blue and white blocks. I can't find any blue fabric similar yours and wonder if you can identify it for me, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm so glad you like these blocks. I've finished the quilt top and have been working on hand quilting it. You should be able to see the assembled top in the last page of the "Blue & White Sampler" link in the header.

      As for the fabric, there are only two blue prints; a batik and a swirl print. The swirl print is more navy with a lighter blue thin swirl pattern that I purchased on fabric.com, but I don't see it there anymore. I'm not sure where I got the batik, but it was probably at my local quilt shop in the batik section.

      I recommend shopping around, I'm sure you'll find some fabrics you like just as much!

      Delete