Sunday, March 12, 2017

Blue & White Sampler - Eight Inch Blocks Complete

I have finished all of the eight inch blocks for my blue & white sampler quilt! ...and the 10 inch, 12 inch, 16 inch and 20 inch blocks, for that matter.  Here are three more blocks and a picture of how they all look on my layout grid.


I found all of these block on Quilter's Cache and have provided the links in each description.  In some cases, the instructions were not provided for an 8 inch block, so I improvised.

Double Cross Quilt Block

Just when I thought I'd seen all of the various blocks out there made with HSTs, I came across this one, Double Cross, that includes 14 HSTs and 2 plain squares.  It was pretty easy, all things considered, but resulted in a complicated looking block.

Double Cross Quilt Block
Double Cross Quilt Block

Castles in Spain Quilt Block

This block could have been made with a bunch of HSTs, but the instructions used a cleaner piecing method that I really like.

Castles in Spain Quilt Block
Castles in Spain Quilt Block

Crazy Loons Quilt Block

I'm not sure how Crazy Loons got it's name, but it is surely an unusual looking block, which is why I chose to make it.  So many blocks are based on a "star" theme, that I want to be sure I don't have too many.

Crazy Loons Quilt Block
Crazy Loons Quilt Block

Overall Progress So Far

Here you can see how all of the blocks I've created so far come together on my grid draft.  See all of the blocks individually in previous posts for my Blue & White Sampler quilt.

Blue & White Sampler Progress
Blue & White Sampler Progress