Saturday, February 25, 2017

Kiss and Valentine: Blue & White Sampler Quilt Blocks

How appropriate that on the heals of Valentine's Day, I am posting my two latest Quilt Blocks for my Blue & White sampler quilt, Kiss Block and Valentine Block!  I really didn't plan it that way, so it's a nice coincidence.

Quilt Blocks: Valentine and Kiss
Quilt Blocks: Valentine and Kiss



I found the Kiss Block on the McCall's Quilting website, which seems to be a pretty good resource for various quilting patterns.

Kiss Quilt Block
Kiss Quilt Block

Quilter's Cache is another great resource for free quilt block patterns, which is where I found the Valentine Block.  This one required me to dust off my limited applique skills and I think I need to practice more.  It probably wouldn't have been as noticeable if I wasn't required to cut each of the finished appliqued parts in half and pair them up with others, but my finished heart sizes were not the same, so they ended up a little lop-sided.  I like the finished product.

Valentine Quilt Block
Valentine Quilt Block

You can see all of the completed blocks for my Blue & White sample quilt, and check back for more.