Monday, March 21, 2016

Lone Star Block - Blue & White Sampler

I have not made the Lone Star block before now, but I had fun making this one using the instructions found on the Hopeful Homemaker, which are just excellent!

Blue & White Lone Star Block
Blue & White Lone Star Block

I'm very pleased with how it turned out and will use this method again.

I hadn't shared yet that I'm working on another sampler quilt, this time in blue and white, but also a less structure quilt.  I discovered this post on Sew Mama Sew that describes a clever way to make a sampler quilt with different sized blocks.  I love new ideas and decide to jump right in.

I'm starting with a few large blocks; this one and the Feathered Star block I wrote about in January.  I'll continue to share my blocks for the Blue & White Sampler, as they are complete.