Sunday, March 27, 2016

La Passacaglia - My Second Round

About a month ago, I shared my first round or rosette of the La Passacaglia quilting endeavor, so here is my second!  Following along with some of the images I can see online (I haven't gotten the book, yet), I made this one larger, with several more rings around it and with a "bite" taken out for my first one to "sit in".




Since I'm using English Paper Piecing, this is my evening project that I can work on while relaxing and watching TV.   I'm intrigued with how these pieces interconnect and would love to spend some time figuring out other patterns that would work in a similar fashion.

Here you can see both parts, not yet sewn together, but pinned up as they will be in the finished quilt.



I'm already well into my third round, another large one like this second round, so I'll share it once it's ready.