Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tie Quilt for Mom

When my sister and I discovered that our Mother had saved her father's ties, disassembled them, and was using them for crazy quilting, we were inspired to make this quilt that included some of the fabric from these ties.  It was a gift to her, probably for Mother's Day or her birthday.

Tie Quilt
Tie Quilt


Our grandfather loved bargains and shopped at thrift shops for suits and ties.  While not all of his suits and ties came from thrift shops, I remember these the most because he would brag about his find.  He'd frequently show off his latest bargain, exclaiming "Look at this Hickey Freeman suit I found for $10!".

I hadn't seen this quilt for some time, and when my sister sent me the picture, I was reminded of some features that I particularly like.  The button details are a nice touch.  I really like the "crazy patchwork" on the corners of the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment