Saturday, April 26, 2014

Seminole Patchwork for Beth

Too many years ago to even remember, I made this wall quilt for my sister.  It's the first introduction I had to Strip Piecing, in this case, making Seminole Patchwork.

Seminole Patchwork and Flying Geese Border
Seminole Patchwork and Flying Geese Border

This wall quilt was made from a collection of coordinated fabrics, probably from the late 80's or early 90's. While it uses Seminole Patchwork, the fabric selection really removes the traditional Seminole look and feel.

There are five rows of Seminole Patchwork separated by strips of coordinated prints.  My favorite part of the quilt is the border.  Using a striped fabric that had various shades of pink, the flying geese pattern has a dimensional look to it that I like.



No comments:

Post a Comment