Monday, July 20, 2020

Fabric Baskets for Fun

I was looking for a quick, fun project a while back and came across this tutorial from Melissa at Polka Dot Chair.  Just the right amount of something new, quick, and fun.  Many thanks to her for the great tutorial!

I started out making these two coordinated basket, one for me and one for my daughter.  I immediately started using mine for my hand sewing and love that the basket also works as a pin cushion, so my pins and needles are always right at hand.

Fabric Baskets
Fabric Baskets



The next week, I was tidying up and realized that I had enough of the Flexfoam to make 4 more baskets, so picked out some fabrics from my stash and made more!  I sent most of these off to family members.

The baskets are about 6 inches across and 3 inches tall, just the right size for a lot of uses without being too large, but even so, if I decide I want to store these away for a while I can fold them flat and store them just about anywhere.  In fact, when I mailed these off, I did just that and sent them in a flat mailing envelope.

Fabric Baskets
Fabric Baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment