Saturday, April 4, 2015

Two Ways to Mess up Farmer's Wife Block 94 - Tall Pine Tree

For our Farmer's Wife Quilt-along, week 10 included Block 94 - Tall Pine Tree.  I used my seam ripper more on this block than any other, so far.  Here I share with you two ways you can mess up on this block.

I thought I was doing just fine and had the four quarters complete.  I was poised to sew them together, but when I laid them out, here's what I ended up with.

The bottom two blocks have the green and white in the wrong place


At first, I thought I would have to do those two bottom blocks over, switching the location of the green and white fabrics.  But then, I decided that I would just take off the blue strip and sew it to the other side of the green/white part (you can see the paper sticking out where I removed the blue strip below).

Moving the blue strip to the other side will fix it

So that problem was fixed and I sewed the four sections together.  Then this happened!

The bottom half is upside down!

I had to rip out that last seam, flip the bottom section around, and it was finally correct.

See the finished block in our weekly post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment