Sunday, April 18, 2021

Curved Piecing with Patricia Belyea

I am in the midst of taking Patricia Belyea's class called Creativity & Complex Curves.  I've been wanting to take this class, which has been an immersive, in-person week long class but is now virtual due to the pandemic, so this actually works better for me. 

I have completed two projects so far, but I'm also getting some great inspiration for things I'd like to do after the class is over.


Curved Piecing
Complex Curves Class Project - 38" square

Patricia's teaching style is very clear and purposeful.  She doesn't needlessly go over things we've already learned, but adds new elements, ideas, and techniques as we progress.

Complex Curves Class Project
Complex Curves Class Project - 24" x 36"

If you've never visited Patricia's website, Okan Arts, you should check it out.  She has one of the (if not the) largest collections of Yukata Cotton for sale in the United States. 

Another added bonus is that my sister is also taking the class, so we are enjoying sharing ideas for fabric combinations, and such, and have been comparing notes after each class.

No comments:

Post a Comment